Six years ago, towards the end of July 2012, we bought our first house. We were renting at the time and decided to do a bit of cleaning and redecorating before moving in. However, the first thing we did when we got the keys was put up a newly purchased swing seat. A few weeks later we took a few photographs of the garden, and by freaky coincidence we took six. So this week’s Six on Saturday is a quick ‘Now and Then’ selection of how the garden has changed during that time.
1. The view from the back door now
And back in July 2012
2. The patio now (rather cluttered with plants that need, err, planting)
And in July 2012
3. The new round lawn
And the original rectangular lawn and old rotting shed
4. The bed that requires some more shrubs to add a bit of structure
The bed as it was in 2012; much smaller with too many large shrubs
5. A view towards the new conservatory
The view towards the old conservatory in 2012.
6. And finally, the view from upstairs now
And the view back then
And they were my Six on Saturday. For more Sixes on Saturday, from all around the world, take a look at the site of the nice fellow who started it all over at https://thepropagatorblog.wordpress.com.